I’ve been on a reading binge lately. But then, when am I not?
I don’t know that I’m actually reading more than usual, but I have been enjoying the #bookstagram community on Instagram which keeps me inspired with #allthebooks to try and an ever-growing TBR (To Be Read) pile.
Interestingly, by doing book reviews and picking up recommendations from others I’ve been running into more books that I don’t care for than when I choose books for myself. I guess that makes sense, but I finally had to give myself permission to not finish a book when I wasn’t enjoying it. There are too many books yet to be read to waste time reading books I don’t like!
I have a very pleasant reading spot set up on the front porch that calls to me most evenings after supper. The long daylight hours and balmy temperatures make this my favorite time of year.
Here’s what I’ve been reading lately…
- Several advanced reader copies (ARCs) for review purposes*
- Home by Ginny L. Yttrup
- The Beauty Suit by Lauren Shields
- Weaver’s Needle by Robin Caroll
- You’re Gonna Love Me by Robin Lee Hatcher
- The Solace of Water by Elizabeth Byler Younts
- Steal Away Home by Billy Coffey
- The Hawaiian Discovery by Wanda E. Brunstetter
- Where Hope Begins by Catherine West
- Between Black and White by Robert Bailey
- The Orphan’s Wish by Melanie Dickerson
- Just one library book
- Staying Stylish by Candace Cameron Bure
- Books from the Modern Mrs. Darcy Summer Reading Guide
- Census by Jesse Ball
- I’ll Be Your Blue Sky by Marisa de los Santos
- Continuing with the #annewithanereadalong2018 on Instagram
- Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery
- A couple of kids’ books
- Andi To the Rescue by Susan K. Marlow
- Smack Dab in the Middle of Maybe by Jo Watson Hackl
- Good Hope Road by Lisa Wingate
- Infinity Lost by S. Harrison
- Tried and did not finish
- Probable Claws by Rita Mae Brown
- Idaho by Emily Ruskovich
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert
- Sunburn by Laura Lippman
*You can find my reviews on Amazon and GoodReads.
Disclosure: Book covers below are affiliate links to Amazon.