My summer reading list has included re-reads of old favorites as well as new-to-me authors and quite a few in between!
As usual, this post includes affiliate links to Amazon. I might make a small commission if you click through on them, though it doesn’t cost you any extra. Thank you!
My best recommendation from this past month’s reading list is Stolen Jesus by Jamie Amerine. I’ve been reading Jamie’s blog, Sacred Ground, Sticky Floors, for awhile and have found it very encouraging. I got her book at the library a few weeks ago and appreciated it so much that I plan to a copy.
Here’s what I’ve read since last time I checked in…
Several advanced reader copies (ARCs) for review purposes*
- The Fashion Designer by Nancy Moser ****
- The Love Letter by Rachel Hauck ***
- Mercy Never Sleeps by Jamie Blaine ****
- Unlearning God by Philip Gulley ***
- Becoming the Talbot Sisters by Rachel Linden ****
- Send Down the Rain by Charles Martin ****
- The Separatists by Lis Wiehl ***
- Resistance by Jennifer A. Nielsen ***
- What Blooms From Dust by James Markert ***
From the Modern Mrs. Darcy Summer Reading Guide
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah ****
Continuing with the #annewithanereadalong2018 on Instagram
- Anne of Windy Poplars by L.M. Montgomery *****
- A Tangled Web by L.M. Montgomery *** (Bonus book. Not actually part of the read-along.)
Books I Found in Random Places
- Tomorrow About This Time by Grace Livingston Hill (free on Kindle the day I got it) ***
- Twisted Creek by Jodie Thomas (library book sale rack) ***
- The Annotated Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum (thrift store) ****
- Of Mess and Moxie by Jen Hatmaker ***
- Stolen Jesus by Jamie Amerine *****
*You can find my reviews on Amazon and GoodReads.
Rachel Easley Going
Those sure look interesting. I’ve wondered about Stolen Jesus. I’m plowing through 3 books. Haha. That sounds elementary, doesn’t it?