More Summer Questions
In today’s post I answer some of your most pressing questions. Well, maybe not your most pressing questions… but the questions posed by the gals over on The Blended Blog. Just in case you ever wondered, here are my opinions and preferences on the following topics:
- Pool, lake or ocean? We live near one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, so they say. I, personally, have not seen every lake in the world so I can’t attest to whether that’s actually true or not. However, Lake Coeur d’Alene is definitely one of the most beautiful lakes I’ve ever seen. Lake Pend Oreille and Priest Lake, which are also both within our vicinity are right up there as well. (In case you aren’t from around here… we say “Core duh Lane” and “Pond uh Ray.”) That being said, I love to go to the ocean. The Oregon coast is probably our favorite destination for a long weekend getaway.
- Camping, cottage or hotel? How about “all of the above”? Obviously we love to go camping, but I like variety so a cottage or hotel would suit me just fine as well.
- Favorite ice cream flavor? Probably vanilla. With fresh blackberries. But I also like anything with caramel, chocolate, and nuts… or huckleberry…
- PJs or Nightie? If you must know, usually a dorm shirt or slip-style nightgown. I can’t stand pajama pants twisting around.
- Favorite Summer Beverage? Iced coffee.
- Hot or cold? Hmm… probably cold. I find it easier to get warm when I’m cold than cool off when I’m hot.
- Sandals with heels or flats? Do you know how tall I am? Okay, maybe you don’t. I’ve tried the heels thing because I love the way they look, but at 5’11’ I simply don’t need those extra inches, so I opt for flats.
- Shorts or skirts? Skirts. I’ve worn mostly skirts all my life so that’s what I’m most comfortable in.
- Sit in the sun or the shade? In the summer I go for the shade.
- Water, tea or soda? Mostly water. Sometimes iced tea. Rarely soda.
- Favorite summer fruit? Blackberries or peaches… with vanilla ice cream or in a cobbler. In any case, the peaches have to be peeled. I can’t stand that fuzzy skin. (Maybe it’s because I’m a Highly Sensitive Person. #ReadingPeopleBook)
- Sunrise or sunset? Whichever one I happen to see on any given day.
- Bike ride or walk? Why do I have to keep choosing between things? I like to ride my bike and I like to walk. I don’t do enough of either one.
- Winery or brewery? Since I’ve never been to a winery… and the breweries I’ve been to have also been restaurants, I’ll have to say brewery. I don’t drink alcoholic beverages, so if the brewery has some interesting non-alcoholic beverages as well as good food, that’s definitely a plus. I had a delicious blackberry basil lemonade at a brewery in Anchorage, Alaska a couple years ago.
- Garden or no garden? Definitely a garden, though usually nothing on a very big scale.
- Big summer concert or music in the park? Music in the park, if it’s a style of music I enjoy. Unfortunately, the summer concerts in the park here in Rathdrum are usually styles of music I don’t enjoy.
- Favorite cookout food? I love grilled corn on the cob.
- Dine indoors or patio? It kinda depends on the house. We love outdoor living spaces but our current “patio” is not really conducive for dining.
- Favorite summer destination? All the places. Don’tcha know it’s about the journey, not the destination.
- Big theme park or local carnival? No, thank you. There are too many “real” things to see and do for me to want to spend hours standing in line for rides. However, since Laura is working at our local theme park for the third summer in a row, I have actually gone a few times in recent years.
- Drinks blended or on the rocks? I prefer an iced coffee to a frappuccino, so I guess the answer is “on the rocks.” Of course, you can also get water on the rocks.
- Popsicle or freezie flavor of choice? Red… strawberry, cherry, raspberry, watermelon… whatever.
- Hot dog or hamburger? A burger, please, in a lettuce wrap.
Iced coffee. A sweet memory for me of my parents sitting outside my childhood home in Memphis, drinking iced coffee. I haven’t ever really tried it myself but I am thinking in their honor, I should.
Would not have pegged you to be as tall as you are! My sister is also almost 6′. And I was, at one time, 5’7″ but I have been shrinking at an alarming rate. Neck and spinal issues tend to do that.
Your sunset? photo is positively stunning. In fact, you take lovely pictures across the board.
Had forgotten the trick of having a hamburger in a lettuce wrap. Need to remember to do that. I actually prefer them that way…just forgetful!
Hope you will join us on 9/21 for fall bucket list and maybe for sentence a day starting 9/1??? XO