August Recap

So, obviously, I’ve been doing something besides blogging during the month of August, haven’t I?

Since my blog posts have been lacking lately I decided to join up today with the bloggers who post a Sentence a Day just to give you an overview of what’s been going on in my world the past few weeks.

The month started with…

Tuesday, August 1. Worked all day and part of the evening, plus got the trailer ready for church camp.

Wednesday, August 2. Left after work headed for church camp in Cascade, Idaho; spent the night in a rest area along the way.

At the top of the Lewiston grade just as it was getting dark. There has been smoke from forest fires hovering over most of the state most of the month.

Thursday, August 3. First full day of Wesleyan Bible Camp.

Smoky sunset.

Friday, August 4. I was happy to see my brother when he arrived at camp in the late afternoon.

Saturday, August 5. Another relaxing and enriching day at camp.

My brother’s family headed down the hill on a four-wheeler.

Sunday, August 6. Last day of camp; it was fun to be with my newly 9-year-old niece for her birthday.

Then four-and-a-half days of work…

Friday, August 11. Left at noon to travel 5 hours to meet friends for camping at Lolo Pass.

Saturday, August 12. Went on a huckleberry hunt with not great results, enjoyed a campfire supper with our friends.

Sunday, August 13. Traveled home, evening service with friends in our home.

Another five-day work week…

Friday, August 18. Left after work to travel 3 hours to Dworshak reservoir to camp with Lyle’s brother and friends.

Saturday, August 19. A fun day on the lake, my first experience kayaking.

Sunday, August 20. Traveled home, evening service with friends in our home.

Monday, August 21. We weren’t terribly impressed with what we could see of the Great American Eclipse.

Tuesday, August 22. After work we set up a booth for the print shop for the North Idaho State Fair in Coeur d’Alene.

Wednesday, August 23. Day 1 of the Fair: I manned the booth from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. with help in the evening help Lyle and his brother.

Thursday, August 24. Day 2 of the Fair: same long hours.

Friday, August 25. Day 3 of the Fair: ditto.

Saturday, August 26. Day 4 of the Fair: the busiest day yet, thankfully I had help most of the day.

Sunday, August 27. Day 5 of the Fair: it closed at 6:00 so we had time for our evening service with friends in our home.

This week I’ve been playing catch-up from being at the fair last week.

I’m exhausted!

And it’s been a lot of fun.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.