Some of my friends have asked how I’m doing on my Spring “Bucket” List. I think I should have added “blog more than once a week” to my list, but maybe it’s just as well I didn’t, because I may not have been able to accomplish that. However, I’m making pretty good progress on the activities that are on my list…
Attend church convention in Tacoma, Washington.
- Done. We were able to attend 4 services and came away encouraged.
Help Rebecca get chickensand build chicken coop.
- Partially done. Rebecca got 4 chicks a few weeks ago and they are growing fast. We hope to build the chicken coop next week as it will soon be time to move them from their brooder.
Finish the sweater I started crocheting in February.
- Partially done. I have finished the crocheting, but need to finish sewing it together and add the zipper.
Visit at least one waterfall to see the spring run-off.
- We are being over-achievers on this one. We visited Snoqualmie Falls in February (when it was still technically winter, so that one doesn’t really count), then Shoshone Falls two weeks ago, and Post Falls last Sunday. I wouldn’t be surprised if we fit a few more in yet this spring.
Dewinterize our vintage trailerand go camping.
- In progress. The trailer has been uncovered, and Lyle got the wheels and tires changed. We have a few more things we need to do to it before it will be ready to take camping.
Design or create a line of greeting cards.
- I’ve been playing around with some designs but haven’t yet printed any.
Host booths for the print shop at local business fairs.
- One down, one to go. The Post Falls Business Fair was yesterday evening. The Rathdrum one will be in June.
Plant sunflowers by the porch.
- It’s still too early for any outdoor planting.
Decorate the porch for summer.
- We had snow this morning, so no, haven’t done much outdoor decorating yet either.
Go on a Geocaching day trip.
- Not yet.
Pick a bouquet of wildflowers.
- Too early for picking wildflowers.
Invite friends over for a cook-out.
- Waiting for warmer weather.
Are you noticing a theme here? Spring comes late in north Idaho. I’m definitely looking forward to warmer weather and sunny days soon!
Here are Spring Bucket List updates from some of my friends:
Leslie at Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After
Sheila at Making the Most of Every Day
Michael Ann at Out and Back