It’s time for January’s Q&A link-up at The Blended Blog! Here are their questions with my answers:
- Resolutions or no resolutions?
- No resolutions. At least not this year. Maybe I should. But I didn’t.
- Love snow or no snow?
- I like watching snow fall and how it looks on distant mountains. But underfoot? Not so much.
- Name a new place you want to go this year.
- We are looking forward to exploring some back country trails with our new ATV this summer. I guess that would count as new places, wouldn’t it? Sadly, this year is not looking good for long road trips, but we will likely get in some shorter ones–probably to places we’ve been before.
- Would you rather have a new hair cut or hair color?
- I like my natural hair color. Even though it’s turning gray. I’m okay with that. And I keep my hair long, so… maybe a new hair style? I do tend to get in a rut.
- Name one special thing you want to do for yourself this year.
- Take the time to write more.
- Least favorite thing about January.
- Gray skies.
- Most favorite thing about January.
- Considering the possibilities of the year before us.
- When do you take down your holiday decorations?
- Sometime between Christmas and New Year’s Day. I like the idea of leaving them up until Epiphany, but my kids insist on putting them up right after Thanksgiving and by the time Christmas is over I’m tired of them. I think some year I’d like to try doing it the old-fashioned way of putting them up Christmas Eve and taking them down on January 6 (the 12 Days of Christmas).
- Do you diet in January?
- I’m currently on a gluten-free eating plan to see if that will help with my migraines, but I didn’t just start it in January.
- What area of your home do you want to organize the most?
- I’m hoping to get my kitchen better organized before the month is over.
- Favorite winter comfort food.
- Ivar’s clam chowder. Unfortunately, it’s not on my “diet” right now.
- Favorite guilty pleasure.
- Reading novels. Way more than most people do!
Deena - Shoes to Shiraz (Dee)
Thanks for linking up. I’m with you on being sick of the Cmas decorations before the epiphany hits!
I didn’t make any New Years resolutions this year either. I didn’t think I would have time since I made a reading goal of reading 100,000 pages in a year. I think that’s a big enough project for one year!
Sheila @ Making the Most of Every Day
I’m trying to subscribe to your blog again with another email. Maybe it will work this time! Loved reading your answers to this! Is the “diet” helping the migraines?