And so the summer is past. It was jam-packed full and went by very quickly. Back in June I shared a list of our plans for the summer. I promised to report back in September to give you an update. Here’s my summer to-do list and how we did:
- Pick a bouquet of wildflowers.
- I don’t remember that I ever actually did that this year.
- Invite friends over for a cook-out.
- For whatever reason, that didn’t work out this summer either.
Spend a few days with my parents.
- Yes. And I interviewed them about that.
Celebrate the 4th of July.
Visit the Young Living lavender farm in St. Maries, Idaho.
- We did, but it turned out they actually grow more “Melissa” mint than lavender at that particular farm.
Attend campmeeting in Tacoma, Washington.
- Yes. I did a review with my little friend Ella while we were there.
Attend campmeeting in Cascade, Idaho.
See my brother and his family. Celebrate Lyle’s birthday.
- In a very low-key way. We were at camp in Cascade on his birthday.
Go camping with friends.
- On Lolo Pass near the Idaho/Montana state line.
Go camping with relatives.
- At Dworshak State Park in central Idaho. We went boating and kayaking that weekend.
Get in at least one more “glamping” weekend.
- At a KOA near Newport, Washington last weekend.
- We did while we were camping at Lolo Pass. We didn’t find very many, but we enjoyed the ones we did find.
Have a booth at the North Idaho State Fair.
- Yes. It was fun. And exhausting.
Celebrate Labor Day.
- By going camping, of course. What else? Sadly there were Stage 2 fire bans on, so we weren’t allowed to have campfires that weekend.
Overall, I think we did pretty well at fitting in all the things we hoped to do. And then some! Here are a few of the things I hope to do this fall.
- Decorate for fall.
- Celebrate Rebecca’s birthday.
- Go on at least one more camping trip.
- Finish two crocheted blankets I’ve been working on this summer.
- Put zipper in sweater I crocheted last spring.
- Make scarf out of the beautiful yarn my friend Heather brought me from Scotland.
- Arrange a reading nook in our bedroom.
- Do some plan-ahead freezer-cooking.
- Take a trip to the coast.
- Celebrate our anniversary.
- Celebrate my birthday.
- Celebrate Thanksgiving.
- Blog at least twice a week.
I’m linking up with Leslie and others at Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After with my “fall bucket list.” What’s on your agenda this fall?