I had a miserable Easter weekend…. thanks for asking! With a rip-roaring spring cold plus an abscessed wisdom tooth I wasn’t up for much in the way of celebration. I mostly sat in my recliner, going through tissues by the boxful, reading books, napping, and trying very hard not to complain about how miserable I was! I’m pretty sure I didn’t succeed very well… but I really did try!
See, a few months ago, my friend Judy shared about a book she was reading, Calm My Anxious Heart, that issued the challenge to never complain about anything. I haven’t had a chance to read the book yet, but I have taken the challenge to heart. After all, I don’t like to be around complaining people, do you?
So… with that in mind here are some things that I am thankful for with regards to misery of the past weekend:
- tissues with lotion
- cold medicine which offered at least a little temporary relief
- antibiotics so I won’t die of an abscessed tooth
- a thoughtful husband
- daughters who can run the house when Mom is out of commission
- time to read several books, as that was all I felt like doing (Lyle laughed at me on Saturday evening when I referred to “one of the books I read today.” I do read fast!)
- hot herbal tea with honey
- cold 7-Up
- a cushy recliner
- a warm blanket
- a soft feather pillow
- fuzzy socks
- a caring family