It’s my favorite time of year… late spring headed into early summer. I am so appreciating the warm sunshine… the lonnnnnnnnnng daylight hours… being able to have the doors and windows open… and spending time on the front porch again! Here’s what’s been going on around here lately:
Weather in Rathdrum, Idaho for May 2017:
- Temperature High: 89
- Temperature Low: 32
- Sunday evening service in our home each week
- Rathdrum Chamber of Commerce luncheon
- first camping trip of the season!
- Geocaching day trip
In Our Neighborhood
- Flowers are blooming!
- The pollen is awful this year. There is a fine layer of yellow “dust” covering everything outdoors at times.
- We’ve had a lot of rain.
- A feral cat had a litter of 6 kittens in our attic. We weren’t able to access them through the attic, but the mother finally brought them out last week. Our neighbor was able to coax the mother to take them in her house, so she is trying to tame them so they can be adopted and not just wild.
- finished one blanket in pink and green acrylic yarn
- started another blanket in brown, cream, and red in cotton yarn.
Star Ratings: 1. Did not like it. 2. It was OK. 3. Liked it. 4. Really liked it. 5. It was amazing.
Disclosure: These are Amazon affiliate links. Should you happen to buy one of these books, I might get a small commission.
Don’t forget to keep an eye on my Facebook page (or the widget in my sidebar) for Kindle freebies that I find.
- Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer ***
- Triumph by Carolyn Jessup ***
- Prophet’s Prey by Sam Brower ****
- Beyond Justice by Cara Putman ***
- The Merchant’s Daughter by Melanie Dickerson ***
- Plot vs. Character by Jeff Gerke ***
- Outlining Your Novel by K.M. Weiland ***
- Gladden the Heart by Olivia Newport ***
- Passing Strangers by Angela Elwell Hunt ****