July has arrived already–in case you hadn’t noticed–and it’s time for my month-in-review post. Here’s what’s been going on around here lately…
In My Neighborhood
- Summer evenings are lovely on the front porch!
- I’ve been adding books a few at a time to the two Little Free Libraries that are nearby. They aren’t full yet, but I’m getting there!
- I’m on the committee to help plan the Rathdrum Days festival coming up in about 3 weeks so I’ve been attending lots of meetings for that.
- Weekend trip to Missoula, Montana. We stayed in an RV park, got to attend a couple of church services, did a little sightseeing and just relaxed.
- Attended a graduation open house for our friend Kylen
- Sunday evening services each week in our home with friends
- Visiting with friends in Montana
- ATV ride on 4th of July Pass
- Camping at Priest Lake
- ATV ride overlooking Lake Pend Oreille
- Kayaking at Heyburn Lake State Park
- Post Falls Women in Business luncheon
- Chocolate Cook-Off event
- Post Falls Chamber of Commerce Connect 4 Lunch
- Rathdrum Chamber of Commerce Lunch
Breakfast Dates on Saturdays
- Shari’s in Coeur d’Alene
- Farmhouse Kitchen in Ponderay
- Denny’s in Post Falls
And just for fun, I’m joining up with the bloggers at The Blended Blog for…
TBB Asks – Vacation Edition
1. Will you go on a a summer vacation this year? No. Only weekend getaways.
2. Do nothing but relax or a pack it all in vacation? I like a mix. I enjoy sightseeing in moderation… shopping in even more moderation. I’m not big on shows, amusement parks, or other touristy activities like that. I am into lotsa relaxing!
3. What month do you like to vacation? It depends on where we’re going. If it’s a southern destination I like to go in the spring, because spring comes late in northern Idaho.
4. Cruise: YES or NO? I don’t know. I’ve never been on a cruise. I expect I would enjoy it if I had the opportunity.
5. Favorite vacation tradition? Keeping a journal on a cross-country road trip.
6. Most memorable vacation? With Kids: Probably 2006 when we went to the Grand Canyon and then took the old Route 66 over the mountains to California. Before Kids: The road trip Lyle and I took from Kansas to Pennsylvania in 1991.
7. Pack light or pack it all? I try to pack light. In regards to clothes, I usually do. But I have to take along my own pillow… and my books (though a Kindle definitely comes in handy for that)… and my crocheting… and… you know…
8. Hotel, condo or house? I don’t have a preference necessarily. Different accommodations work out well for different trips.
9. Favorite thing(s) to eat on vacation? Does coffee count? I like to try new coffee shops when we travel.
10. Warm or cold destinations. Warm, please. I get enough cold in the winter here.