For a few months in 2016 I shared one-sentence-a-day posts to recap each month. Several of you told me you liked those posts, but I had a hard time keeping up with a sentence for each day. So for this year I’ve decided to try doing a month-in-review post instead.
Here’s what’s been going on around here during the “bleak mid-winter.”
Weather in Rathdrum, Idaho for January 2017:
- Temperature High: 45 on January 20
- Temperature Low: -10 on January 12
- Snowfall: 16 inches
- Daylight Hours: 8:30 hours on January 1 vs 9:34 hours on January 31. That’s a gain of 1 hour and 4 minutes. Yay!
- Hours of Sunshine: Not nearly enough. Lots of gray days.
Breakfast Dates on Saturdays:
- Golden Corral
- Rustler’s Roost
- Otis Grill
Other Social Activities:
- celebrated Laura’s birthday with a family dinner at Red Robin
- lunch with my friend Barbara
- Sunday evening service in our home each week
- Rathdrum Chamber of Commerce luncheon (on the third Thursday of the month)
- watched football game with Lyle
- RV show in Spokane
- watched several movies in the evenings with Lyle, nothing outstanding
Health and Fitness:
- restarted Trim Healthy Mama diet
- shoulder cape in a super-bulky chenille
- poncho in a bulky Merino wool and cashmere blend
- “mermaid tail” throw in bright acrylics
Graphic Design Projects:
- 2 birthday party invitations
- promotional flyer
- blog graphics
- photo restoration
Star Ratings: 1. Did not like it. 2. It was OK. 3. Liked it. 4. Really liked it. 5. It was amazing.
Disclosure: These are Amazon affiliate links. Should you happen to buy one of these books, I might get a small commission.
- The End is Now by Rob Stennett **
- Branded: Sharing Jesus With a Consumer Culture by Tim Sinclair ****
- The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson ***
- Distortion by Terri Blackstock ***
- Noble Pursuits by Chautona Havig ***
- The Siren by Kiera Cass ***
- Argosy Junction by Chautona Havig ***
- Trim Healthy Mama Plan by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison ****
- Stars in the Grass by Ann Marie Stewart ***
- In For a Penny by Nancy Naigle **
- Twisted Innocence by Terri Blackstock ***
- The Bentleys Buy a Buick by Pamela Morsi ***
- The Innkeeper of Ivy Hill by Julie Klassen ****
What have you been up to lately?